Piles, also known as haemorrhoids, are a common medical condition caused when veins in the anal area become swollen and inflamed. Several treatment options are available for piles, including over-the-counter medications and surgery. One such treatment is Sclerotherapy.
Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive treatment for treating piles and other disorders of the anal region. In sclerotherapy, an injection of a chemical solution is administered into the area around the haemorrhoid, which results in a scarring reaction making the haemorrhoid shrink. The majority of patients have little to no discomfort during and after the treatment. However, if you face any discomfort, you must rush to piles hospital near you.
The procedure of Sclerotherapy is safe and relatively painless. You can consult many experienced and certified piles doctor in Chennai who will provide you with the correct course of treatment.
- The treatment is done without an anaesthetic and takes only a few minutes. For the doctor to properly aim the injections, a proctoscope is introduced into the anus.
- The doctor takes an endoscope or proctoscope and inserts it into the bottom opening. Through this, the doctor will be able to see and access the haemorrhoids.
- After observing, a needle and syringe are injected with a chemical solution.
- Sclerotherapy eventually hardens (cases of sclerosis) the tissue surrounding haemorrhoids through the formation of scar tissue, also known as sclerosis.
After the procedure is complete, a follow-up treatment is sometimes required to ensure that the blood vessel collapses and the haemorrhoid has shrunk sufficiently.
- It is an outpatient procedure meaning there is no requirement for hospitalization.
- The entire treatment is minimally invasive which means it leaves no incisions or scars behind after surgery.
- The treatment is outstanding for removing piles in the brief term.
- You can get back to your life immediately after treatment. Veins that are affected by this condition will gradually fade away, though it may take several treatments to accomplish this.
- You can find many reliable piles treatment in Chennai and the treatment has relatively low-risk complications.
Side Effects & Risks
- After the treatment, you may feel a low level of pain but you can take a painkiller for some relief.
Some patients also experience bleeding.
- Men must be extra careful since injecting at the front of the body may hurt the prostate gland. A few symptoms include- prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland), haematospermia (blood in the sperm), haematuria (blood in the urine), epididymitis (inflammation of the epididymis or sperm tube), and impotence (inability to get an erection). But, the latter is rare.
- You can also face ulcers affecting the anal mucosa but it can be cured without a specific treatment.
- In rare cases, critical effects like severe allergy to the solution cause a burning sensation in the area.
- Also, at times, very small air bubbles can enter the bloodstream through the needle that can cause headaches, nausea, and vision problems.
- You can also have bruising, redness, and discomfort around the haemorrhoid region following the treatment.
Need to find the best hospital for Sclerotherapy Treatment for Piles? You are safe with us. Book your appointment today!