Piles commonly known as haemorrhoids are caused by straining during bowel movements. These are swollen veins in the lower rectum and anus. Other factors that can cause piles include chronic constipation or diarrhoea, a low-fibre diet, and a lack of physical activity. It can cause much discomfort and thus piles treatment in Chennai is crucial.
- Painless bleeding during bowel movements
- Pain or discomfort in the anal area
- Anal itching or irritation
- A feeling of fullness in the anus
- A lump near the anus can be sensitive or painful
- Cleaning the anus after a bowel movement can be difficult
There are many surgical as well as non-surgical piles treatment options, these include hemorrhoidectomy, sclerotherapy, and laser.
One of the recently advanced surgeries for piles is laser treatment by a piles specialist in Chennai. It is considered one of the most effective and advanced methods. A special device is used to burn the haemorrhoid tissue, causing it to shrink. Laser piles surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that removes the swollen and enlarged veins in the anal area.
The laser helps to vaporize the hemorrhoidal tissue and seal blood vessels. It reluctantly causes less pain, reduces bleeding, and offers fast recovery time when compared to conventional surgical piles treatment.
Benefits of laser surgery:
- Less risk of complications such as infection
- Less pain and less bleeding than conventional surgery
- Comparatively short recovery time
- Can be performed as an outpatient procedure
Is piles treatment covered under insurance?
Insurance can often feel like a confusing and overwhelming topic, particularly when it comes to the coverage of medical treatments. While many treatments are covered under insurance plans, other treatments may be excluded from coverage or require additional premiums or co-pays.
Piles treatment is one health care procedure that is covered under insurance. The insurance companies cover piles treatment because it is more of a medical procedure than the cosmetic one. It is also the most effective treatment available.
While many of the insurances cover piles surgeries, the laser is also one. The insurance provides patients coverage of the complete treatment process, while some providers may not cover a few charges related to the laser machinery.
It is a small amount, but this too is now the whole process is being covered under the insurance policies. The best way to understand more about this is to visit the Best piles hospital in Chennai to seek clarity.
Finally, before taking laser treatment in a piles hospital, it is essential to consider the following:
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or have any other medical conditions.
- Stop taking blood thinning medication such as aspirin or warfarin a few days before the procedure.
- Follow any other pre-treatment instructions provided by your doctor.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after the procedure as you may not be able to drive yourself.
- Be prepared for some pain, bleeding, and discomfort for a few days after the procedure.
- Follow the post-treatment care instructions provided by a piles treatment hospital in Chennai to ensure proper healing and prevent infection.