A Hernia happens when an internal organ protrudes through a weak point in your muscle or tissue. The affected region develops a conspicuous protrusion as a result. Hernias may only cause little pain for some people or can cause excruciating agony for certain people. So make sure that you get the proper treatment as per the symptoms you are facing. You can get the best hernia treatment in Chennai.
Hernias can occur in both men and women for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are:
- Lifting weights or heavy objects continuously
The different symptoms of Hernia in Men & Women:
Hernias are frequently associated with hard lifting in men, leading to the misconception that they are a masculine disease. Men are also more likely to describe a hernia's excruciating discomfort. However, some hernias, such as femoral and umbilical, are more frequent in women than in males. Weak abdominal muscles around the naval cavity lead to the development of an umbilical hernia. Women who are pregnant or who are fat are more likely to get this sort of hernia.
Femoral hernias are another type of hernia that frequently affect women. The femoral cavity and artery, which are located close to the upper thigh and groyne are affected. Intra-abdominal tissue that pushes through the femoral canal causes the hernia to form. The femoral cavities vary from one another.
A sports hernia affects the groyne region, the way a femoral hernia does. The kind of injury is the key distinction between the two. An oblique muscle or tendon injury in the lower abdomen area is known as a sports hernia. Athletic pulbagia is the official medical word for a sports hernia. A sports hernia is more likely to occur during strenuous physical activity, such as playing hockey. Although a sports hernia is not a true hernia, the injury might cause one to develop.
Also read: Sports hernia blog
The hernia symptoms in men include:
- A pocket or projecting mass of tissue in a specific location of the body
- Standing or being upright significantly worsens the discomfort
- Coughing and any other movement that puts additional pressure on the body, such as lifting, cause noticeably more discomfort
- A localised sensation of something being pulled
- The increased effort in the area
- Weakness as a result of the local muscles being unable to be used
When the blood supply to the tissue is severed, a hernia can develop into a strangulated hernia. Constipation, nausea, a fever, vomiting, sharp, excruciating pain, and a change in the colour of the hernia to blue, red, purple, or black are some of its symptoms. It is advised to seek immediate medical care if these symptoms are present.
Hernia Symptoms in Women
- Women may experience different hernia symptoms than males. These signs consist of:
- Uncomfortable or sharp pain
- The localised area feels as though it is on fire
- Despite being absent in women with groyne hernias, there may be a pocket or bulge at the hernia's location.
- Increased pain when exercising
Hence, it is crucial to get hernia treatment on time. You can get your appointment by contacting us through our contact us form or by calling +91 90928 49786 / +91 97102 04044